It’s #TBT and time for a classic podcast. This one originally went up in September of 2013!
Almost every body has them (or has had them). Yet most of us know surprisingly little about them.
- Why are breasts today bigger than even 15 years ago?
- So what’s the verdict on breastfeeding?
- What does the evolution of breasts have to do with the evolution of lips?
- What behaviors will affect your odds of getting breast cancer?
- What about dude’s breasts?
- How do we deal with the mismatch where puberty is starting earlier and earlier while adolescence is becoming a more and more prolonged period?
Florence Williams is a science journalist who set out on an intrepid journey to learn everything there is to know about The Girls. She talked to researchers doing cutting edge work and conducted experiments on herself and her daughter to see what modern women can do to affect their breast health.
Her book, Breasts: A Natural and Unnatural History won the LA Times 2013 Book Award and was listed on the New York Times 100 Notable Books list this year as well. I chatted with her and awesomeness ensued.